Data Privacy Statement
Part A: General
Section 1 Information on collecting personal data
- The following informs you of the personal data collected when you use our website. Personal data is all data that can be associated with you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
- Controller in accordance with Art. 4 (7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Meco Metallwerk Gebr. Scholten-Luchsen GmbH,
Jöllenbecker Str. 44a, D-33613 Bielefeld, info[at]meco-bielefeld.de
(we refer you to our Publication details regarding further information).
You can reach our data protection officer at datenschutz[at]meco-bielefeld.de or our postal address with the addition "z.H. des/der Datenschutzbeauftragten" (For the attention of the Data Protection Officer).
- When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form (see also part D), we store the data you provide us with (your e-mail address and any other freely given information such as your name and telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after it is no longer necessary to store them, or restrict processing if there are any statutory obligations to retain them.
- If we engage service providers for individual functions of our offering or wish to use your data for promotional purposes, we shall inform you in detail below about the specific processes involved. When doing so, we shall also specify the defined criteria underlying the duration of storage.
Section 2 Your rights
You have the following rights vis-à-vis us in respect of the personal data concerning you:
- right to information,
- right to rectification or erasure,
- right to restriction of processing,
- right to object to processing,
- right to data portability,
- right to complain to the responsible data protection supervisory authority.
By way of explanation: You have the right to request information on your personal data processed by us pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR.
- In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data if not collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information on their details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the correction of incorrect or completed personal data stored by us immediately;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, except where the processing is for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or if the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims is required;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need this to assert, exercise or defend against legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another person responsible;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR to revoke the consent that you gave to us earlier at any time. As a result, we will not be allowed to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and, pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, you can no longer complain to a supervisory authority.
- As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our headquarters for this.
Section 3 Personal data collected when visiting our website
- If the website is merely used for information purposes, i.e. if you do not register or communicate any other information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to look at our website, we collect the following data that we require for technical purposes to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6, (1), sentence 1 in (f) of the GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of your request
- Time-zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Subject matter of the request (specific page)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred each time
- The website from where the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
- In addition to the above-stated data being collected, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which, matched up to the browser you use, are stored on your hard disk and provide the party setting the cookie (in this case, us), with specific information. Cookies cannot run any programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They have the purpose of making the website altogether more user-friendly and more effective.
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see 2)
- Persistent cookies (see 3).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. In particular, these include session cookies. These store a session ID which make it possible to match up enquiries from your browser to the joint session. As a result, your computer can see when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a given duration which can differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser's security settings.
- You can configure your browser setting in any way you wish and, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We wish to point out that you may not be able to use all of this website's functions
- This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
Section 4 Further functions and offerings of our website
- Besides using our website merely for information purposes, we offer various services which you may use if you are interested in them. To do this, you must usually specify further personal data which we use for providing the particular service and to which the above-mentioned data-processing basics apply.
- In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These are carefully selected and engaged by us, are bound by our instructions and regularly monitored.
- If our service providers or partners are based in a state outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we shall inform you about this circumstance in the description of the offering.
Section 5 Objection or withdrawal of consent to processing your data
- If you have given your consent to your data being processed, you can withdraw this at any time. Such withdrawal influences the permissibility of processing your personal data once you have withdrawn your consent from us.
- If we base the processing of your personal data on a balancing of interests, you can object to them being processed. This is the case if processing is not necessary, in particular to perform a contract with you, such being indicated to you by us in the description of functions that then follows. In exercising such as objection, we ask you to give the reasons why we should not process your personal data in the way we do. In the event of your legitimate objection, we shall examine the situation and either stop processing your data, adjust the way in which they are processed or point out compelling reasons why they are worth protecting on the basis of which we shall continue to process them.
- Needless to say, you can at any time object to your personal data being processed for purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can inform us of your objection to your data being used for advertising purposes at the following contact data: datenschutz[at]meco-bielefeld.de
Part B: Data traffic analysis
Section 1 Use of Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are saved on your computer and provide the capability of analysing the way in which you use the website. The data generated through the cookie with regard to your use of the website is usually forwarded to a Google server in the USA and stored there. If IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, Google will, however, first truncate your IP address within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the website for compiling reports on website activities on behalf of this website's operator and for providing the website operator with further services associated with the use of the website and of the Internet.
- The IP address transferred from your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be pooled with other data from Google.
- You can set your browser software to prevent the installation of cookies. We do, however, point out that you may then not be able to use all of the functions available on this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided in the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
- As an alternative to the browser add-in, in particular for browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link deactivate Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie is set that prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must reset the opt-out cookie.
In addition, we use the function "ga-disable-UA-XXXXXX-Y" in particular for mobile end devices.
You will find further information on data protection in conjunction with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics help section (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de), for example.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This means IP addresses continue to be processed in shortened form, ruling out the possibility of tracing them back to any specific person. If the data collected about you become personally identifiable, such is therefore immediately ruled out and these personal data are deleted straight away.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the usage of our website and enhance it at regular intervals. The statistics gathered enable us to improve the services we offer and make them more interesting to you as a user. For those exceptional cases in which personal data are transferred to the USA, Google has committed itself to EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Legal basis for using Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) of the GDPR.
- Third-party provider information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data protection http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
- This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis (Universal Analytics) of visitor streams, which are performed via a User ID. You can deactivate your usage in the cross-device analysis in your customer account under "My data", "Personal data".
Section 2 etracker
- Data is collected and stored on this website using etracker GmbH technology (http://www.etracker.com) for analysis and the optimisation of our website. The statistics gathered enable us to improve the services we offer and make them more interesting to you as a user.
- Cookies that allow a statistical analysis of the use of this website by its visitors and the display of usage-related content or advertising are used to this end. The data generated thereby is processed and stored on our behalf by etracker exclusively in Germany and is thus subject to the strict German and European data protection laws and standards.
- The data is processed based on the statutory provisions of Art. 6 (1) (f) (legitimate interest) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR). Our interest within the meaning of the EU GDPR (legitimate interest) is the optimisation of our online offer and our website. Because the privacy of our visitors is important to us, the data that may enable identification of an individual, such as the IP address, login or device identifiers, will be anonymised or pseudonymised as soon as possible. Any other use, combination with other data from etracker or a transfer to third parties will not take place.
You may object to the above-described data processing at any time with effect for the future, insofar as it is personal.
Please exclude me from the eTracker count.
- Third-party information: etracker GmbH, Erste Brunnenstraße 1, 20459 Hamburg, Germany; https://www.etracker.com/datenschutz/.
Part C: Contact Form
- You can use our contact form to send us an enquiry. The data entered is transmitted with the latest encryption standard (currently: TLS).
- Only those fields designated as "Mandatory field" must be completed. Further information is voluntary.
- Whether voluntary or mandatory, this information will only be collected, processed and stored for the purpose of completing your request. We do not share this information without your consent. Your data will be deleted after completion of your request and otherwise secured in compliance with this data privacy statement.
Applicable as of 2018-05-25